In this section
Patients and visitors
To receive a copy of your medical records, you must complete and sign an authorization form to release protected health information. Print the form, then fill it out and sign it. Unsigned requests or incomplete forms cannot be processed.
You can fax the authorization form to 715.735.5491 or email it to email@example.com.
Bay Area Medical Center
Medical Records – ROI
3100 Shore Drive
Marinette, WI 54143
Your request will be processed and filled within 10 working days. We will either mail to the address specified, or you may pick up your record at the address above between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday. If you will be picking up your health records, a photo ID is required. If someone else will be picking up your records, they must have written authorization from you to pick up your records and must also have a photo ID.
There may be a fee charged, depending on the purpose of the request. We will let you know by telephone how much the charge will be once we retrieve your records from our archives. We provide pertinent information free of charge if requested records are to go to other care providers.
To contact the Health Information Management Department (Medical Records), call 715.735.4200,ext. 3195 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
- Who owns the medical record?
- How long do you keep medical records?
- What is your contact information?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Is there a charge for copies?
- When can I expect to receive my copy?
- Can you fax the copies to my home or office?
- Can you send my medical records to my other health care providers?
- Can my spouse request and receive copies of my medical record?
- May I obtain a copy of my x-ray films from you?
- How do I request a copy of my birth certificate or my child's birth certificate?
- How may I request copies from my last doctor visit?
- Can you explain charges on my bill?