LeowStrong Bike Ride
The LeowStrong Bike Ride (formally known as the Menominee River Century) is a Fundraising event that will honor and remember the late Dr. Tom Leow who passed away in November of 2015 of cancer. He was well known for his enthusiasm for both his Ironman and long-distance biking. He and his family were regulars of the Menominee River Century Bike Ride, now known as the new and improved LeowStrong Bike Ride.
“Tom was a great supporter of the local health and wellness and athletic events, this ride holds a special place for us.”
- Nikki Leow, Tom’s wife.
The ride on SUNDAY will depart from MARINETTE HIGH SCHOOL.
Walk-up Registration - Marinette High School
Saturday June 23 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunday June 24 from 6:30 am - 9:30 am
9 mile: $10 (Family Fun)
25 mile: $40
50 mile: $40
Rider pick up will be from 2:00 pm -5:00 pm on Saturday June 23rd and 6:30 am - 9:30 am on Sunday morning at Marinette HS.
2018 LeowStrong Bike Routes
ALL ROUTES WILL DEPART FROM MARINETTE HIGH SCHOOL
Rest Stops/ Water Stops
Marinette High School Welcome Center sponsored by Orthopedics & Sports Medicine BayCare Clinic 9:30am-3:00pm
- This is the start of the ride for all riders. Riders will be able to registration, pick up their wrist bands, t-shirts, have access to showers & locker rooms, parking, and refreshments at the high school.
Stephenson National Bank & Trust (SNBT) Rest Stop 7:30 am-11:00 pm
- This rest stop is a fun filled stop for our riders who are on a shorter distance. This ride takes you along the Green Bay and country backroads of Marinette County. There are activities for kids at this rest stop, snacks and refreshments.
Little Red Schoolhouse Water Stop 7:30 am-11:00 pm
- This historic schoolhouse offers up a water stop to all riders on the 25 and 50 mile routes. The is the first water stop after leaving the REC Center start. The Marinette Masonic Group have volunteered at this water stop for many years so be sure to thank these wonderful volunteers as you stop by.
Johnson Control Rest Stop 7:30 am-2:00 pm
- Burgers, Burgers, Burgers! Veggie and Hamburgers are available at this rest stop for our 25 and 50 mile riders. There will be music, refreshments, snacks and shade to sit and relax for a bit during your route. 50 mile riders will have the opportunity to stop through this stop twice!
Culligan Water Stop 8:30 am-1:30 pm
- The Culligan water stop will be available for our 50 mile route riders. This water stop is almost halfway through the 50 mile route.
Harmony Rest Stop 9:00 am-1:30 pm
- The local volunteer fire station offers up their station as a rest stop for our 50 mile route riders. Riders can stop and grab some protein snacks, water and refreshments and get back on the road.