LeowStrong Bike Ride
The LeowStrong Bike Ride (formally known as the Menominee River Century) is a Fundraising event that will honor and remember the late Dr. Tom Leow who passed away in November of 2015 of cancer. He was well known for his enthusiasm for both his Ironman and long-distance biking. He and his family were regulars of the Menominee River Century Bike Ride, now known as the new and improved LeowStrong Bike Ride.
“Tom was a great supporter of the local health and wellness and athletic events, this ride holds a special place for us.”
- Nikki Leow, Tom’s wife.
Sunday, June 24th 2018
9 mile: $5 (Family Fun)
25 mile: $30
50 mile: $30
Day of Registration: Marinette REC Center / WEEKEND OF RIDE ONLY
9 mile: $10 (Family Fun)
25 mile: $40
50 mile: $40
Rest Stops/ Water Stops
REC Center 6:30 am-3:00 pm
- This is the start of the ride for all riders. The REC center is located directly next to Marinette High School which is the Old MRC Starting point. Riders will be able to registration, pick up their wrist bands, t-shirts, have access to showers & locker rooms, parking, and refreshments at the REC center.
Stephenson National Bank & Trust (SNBT) Rest Stop 7:30 am-10:30 pm
- This rest stop is a fun filled stop for our riders who are on a shorter distance. This ride takes you along the Green Bay and country backroads of Marinette County. There are activities for kids at this rest stop, snacks and refreshments.
Little Red Schoolhouse Water Stop 7:30 am-11:00 pm
- This historic schoolhouse offers up a water stop to all riders on the 25 and 50 mile routes. The is the first water stop after leaving the REC Center start. The Marinette Masonic Group have volunteered at this water stop for many years so be sure to thank these wonderful volunteers as you stop by.
Johnson Control Rest Stop 8:00 am-2:30 pm
- Burgers, Burgers, Burgers! Veggie and Hamburgers are available at this rest stop for our 25 and 50 mile riders. There will be music, refreshments, snacks and shade to sit and relax for a bit during your route. 50 mile riders will have the opportunity to stop through this stop twice!
Culligan Water Stop 9:00 am-1:30 pm
- The Culligan water stop will be available for our 50 mile route riders. This water stop is almost halfway through the 50 mile route.