The emergency department at Bay Area Medical Center (BAMC) is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, to attend to the emergency needs of those in Northeastern Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The physicians, physician assistants, nurses, paramedics and technicians are specially trained to handle emergency and urgent cases.
Our department offers:
- 24-hour care, 7 days a week.
- Infinity physicians.
- Level 3 trauma center.
- A chest pain clinic.
- Mental health screening and care coordination.
- A paramedic ambulance service.
- A helicopter landing zone.
Emergency department staff can answer any questions you have regarding recent emergency visits. However, for your safety, we are unable to give medical advice over the phone. If you feel you need to be seen by a physician, we have an emergency physician available 24 hours a day, and the doctor would be more than happy to see you.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
- Pediatric advanced cardiac life support (PALS).
- Trauma nursing core course (TNCC).
- Certified emergency nurse (CEN).
- In-house emergency physicians.
- Emergency laboratory.
- Emergency radiology: x-ray, CT and ultrasound.
- Emergency respiratory care.