Bay Area Medical Center's occupational health services assists employers in meeting the requirements of OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 1910.1030. This standard applies to all employers whose employees are or may be exposed to blood or other potentially infectious materials while on the job.
We can assist employers with:
- Developing an exposure control plan.
- Determining those employees at risk for exposure to HIV/hepatitis B.
- Educating and training employees on exposure and personal protective measures.
- Identifying guidelines for hepatitis B immunizations and providing hepatitis B immunizations when requested.
- Identifying and providing the components of a post-exposure follow-up program, i.e., lab work and medical treatment.