Bay Area Medical Center's preplacement evaluation will help determine if a job applicant is physically qualified to perform the tasks of a specific job, either with or without accommodations.
Components of the preplacement evaluation:
- An examination focused on the job demands and work environment.
- A comprehensive occupational health history obtained and reviewed by a healthcare provider.
- Determination of medical contraindications for placement in the position offered.
- Recommendation for work restrictions and accommodations, when indicated.
- Option: Inclusion of a preplacement functional screening performed by physical and occupational therapists to determine if the applicant is physically able to perform the essential job functions. The screening uses objective assessment through the use of work-task simulations.
- Preplacement medical clearance status form faxed to the appropriate company contact.
- Department of Transportation physicals - Pre employment.
- Hearing screening.
- Respirator use evaluation.
- Immunizations (hepatitis B, tetanus and influenza).
- Laboratory studies.
- Drug and alcohol screening.