The inpatient pharmacy at Bay Area Medical Center (BAMC) offers skilled consultation on your medicine and pharmaceutical treatment while you are in the hospital.
Often during a stay at the hospital, your medicine is changed. It can be very helpful to have a trained professional there to answer questions and make sure you are comfortable with any changes and the possible side effects.
The BAMC pharmacy offers these services:
- Monitoring of cultures and sensitivities by pharmacists to ensure proper antibiotic coverage.
- Pharmacokinetics—individual dosing of narrow therapeutic index medications.
- Monitoring of patient lab values pertinent to the medications the patient is taking.
- Anticoagulation clinic—monitoring medications and lifestyle changes that may adversely affect the patient.
- Congestive heart failure monitoring and education.
- Medication reconciliation—making sure patients are maintained on proper medication therapy through the levels of medical care they receive.
- Medication therapy management—constant review of medication histories to look for problematic areas.
The community pharmacy at BAMC is available to the public, offering full pharmaceutical services and retail pharmaceutical products as well as private patient medication consultation. BAMC also has a pharmacy in Stephenson, Michigan, that is staffed by a licensed pharmacist and carries a complete line of over-the-counter products.